Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Long, Longer ago in a Galaxy...

A little intro on me. I grew up in the 80's on the original trilogy. In the 90's I got hooked on reading the EU with Tim Zahn's stuff, then Kevin J anderson. Beyond those I have read one off stories here and there, and the occasional trilogy. Then i kind of gave up thinking the quality was starting to suck. I was also upset that there was no real continuity/timeline.

Then the New jedi Order came, with a timeline, and I began reading and enjoying those. I went back and bought almost all the books I was missing, and new stuff when I can find it on the cheap. As the NJO dragged on, and the prequels were coming out, i began to lose interest in the NJO, especially once Anakin Solo died. So, i read the post NJO stuff, I am beginning to lose interest as they are covering ground that has been covered before. Hmm, Jacen Solo (Anakin Skywalker's grandson) becoming a Sith! Oh, Obi-Wan duels a jedi who survived order 66 and he becomes a Sith (Darth Krayt)!

So why should you read this? mainly because I want to look at everything as a whole and just go through it in some sort of order. Also, in giving my opinion/review of a given story, you can decide for yourself if it's worth your time. And I am going to read all these, and have already started, so why not write about it?

So to start, the furthest back I have read is Golden age of the Sith, and Fall of the Sith Empire. I have not yet read Golden Age, but I have read Fall of the Sith. before saying anything about this, I will review if possible. My local library should have both. Then I will be going into the Tales of the Jedi series which i recall having enjoyed, despite the ancient looking art. for the time, it wasn't bad.

I actually have read the TOTJ, but I also listened to an audio drama of TOTJ, Freedon Nadd Uprising, and Dark Lords of the Sith. I will conclude the first review with the Sith War TPB.

My memory at the moment was that all of this stuff came out in the mid 90's and at a time I was waiting for the prequels to come out. Looking back, it's not the best, but it's certainly better than some stuff out now, which I will cover later. (thank you Legacy and Legacy of the Force.)


Look for this update in the next week or so...

No comments: